5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
It's getting frustrating to say the least. RAM introduces their EVs in 2023 , then the 25's, now shipping Laramies and lower trims and now introducing the RHO while sitting on the Limiteds and Tungstens without a word on those. Still waiting to order a Limited when I see some actual shipping and arrivals. The May production pause is also coming up. Really having second thoughts and need a new truck.
I hear ya, getting really frustrating!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's getting frustrating to say the least. RAM introduces their EVs in 2023 , then the 25's, now shipping Laramies and lower trims and now introducing the RHO while sitting on the Limiteds and Tungstens without a word on those. Still waiting to order a Limited when I see some actual shipping and arrivals. The May production pause is also coming up. Really having second thoughts and need a new truck.
I mean, honestly, the 25 model year production shouldn't have started until June or July. I think the only reason they did a short 24 model year and early 25 release was to drum up interest in the facelift and get more buyers sooner.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I agree with your first part but they can't service buyers for their highest margin vehicles. Oh well, more patience. One of these days it will change.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with your first part but they can't service buyers for their highest margin vehicles. Oh well, more patience. One of these days it will change.
Because they are focusing on highest volume sellers. They will make more money focusing on the lower trim levels than the lower volume, albeit higher margin, trucks.

PetePA

Reaction score
I mean, honestly, the 25 model year production shouldn't have started until June or July. I think the only reason they did a short 24 model year and early 25 release was to drum up interest in the facelift and get more buyers sooner.
They seem to be making a lot of moves to combat their drop in sales. I don't think EVs are going to fix their sales as the majority of buyers are going to go with the less expensive models such as Big Horn.

PetePA

Reaction score
Because they are focusing on highest volume sellers. They will make more money focusing on the lower trim levels than the lower volume, albeit higher margin, trucks.
I am monitoring the existing limited inventory. I should have a sales rate in a few days. We should be able to back into when they're going to start manufacturing the higher trims. Certainly they don't want to lose sales by having no higher trims available at dealers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They seem to be making a lot of moves to combat their drop in sales. I don't think EVs are going to fix their sales as the majority of buyers are going to go with the less expensive models such as Big Horn.
Which is why the EV production is starting so late. The Ramcharger will be in production before the REV.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mopar Power Running Boards can be added. Have your dealer install them. They can add the sales code so you get the button to operate them through the UConnect screen. You won't be able to do that yourself with AlfaOBD.
Hmmm…
I didn’t know they already had a mopar power running board kit out for the 2025’s yet

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hmmm…
I didn’t know they already had a mopar power running board kit out for the 2025’s yet

They aren't, but they are available on a few of the 2025's, so it's just a matter of time. His RHO won't get delivered until the end of the year, so he has time.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They aren't, but they are available on a few of the 2025's, so it's just a matter of time. His RHO won't get delivered until the end of the year, so he has time.
The HD Ram guys are still saying it’s just a matter of time before they offer a mopar power side step kip to add after the fact on the 2019+ heavy duties…

ChrisID

Reaction score
With regards to using higher octane when towing or using periodically, it is my understanding when using various octanes that system recalculates to run properly so it may take a few tank fulls in order for the engine to run optimally. As a result, does periodically swapping octane actually do anything?
I'm pretty sure it's just knock monitoring. If the sensors detect a knock, it detunes it.

ChrisID

Reaction score
I have a different theory. The 24 was not selling well. IMO it was because of the etorque-only option. They had to stop the bleeding. So the big question is, will the Hurricane stop the bleeding? I'm not sure. I will buy it, but I'm not a lifer Hemi guy. I have two hemi's now (20 and 21), and enjoy them a lot, even more so than the GM 6.2's I had. Been in GM since the 90's.
If the Hurricane runs similar to the Hemi, then I'm good. Pretty sure that was their metric and they even publicly stated that they knew they had to make it a little better.
I do now a few people that said no to the etorque and were waiting to see if/what the hurricane would be.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a different theory. The 24 was not selling well. IMO it was because of the etorque-only option. They had to stop the bleeding. So the big question is, will the Hurricane stop the bleeding? I'm not sure. I will buy it, but I'm not a lifer Hemi guy. I have two hemi's now (20 and 21), and enjoy them a lot, even more so than the GM 6.2's I had. Been in GM since the 90's.
If the Hurricane runs similar to the Hemi, then I'm good. Pretty sure that was their metric and they even publicly stated that they knew they had to make it a little better.
I do now a few people that said no to the etorque and were waiting to see if/what the hurricane would be.
What made the '24 eTorque only different from the '23 eTorque only that ran a full normal cycle model year?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
The HD Ram guys are still saying it’s just a matter of time before they offer a mopar power side step kip to add after the fact on the 2019+ heavy duties…

The kit is available for the 2019-2024 5th Gen Rams, so it's not much of a stretch to guess that they will be available for the 2025's.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The short 24 model year and early 25 model year was announced before 2024 started production, so that's not a good theory.

BowDown

Reaction score

If the bulk of Ram buyers were as concerned as some here are, I might agree with this theory however the fact of the matter is that we are enthusiasts. We likely represent less than 1% of Rams sales with the bulk of the buyers not caring about etorque or even ever opening the hood.

Most vehicle buyers are not car people so they likely don't care at all about the things that people on forums care about or have interest in so using forum members as a measure of what people want is probably not the best idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Nova