5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

detroitm2's 2021 Rebel Build Thread - Pic Heavy! (Updated: 5/14/24)

detroitm2

Reaction score
at least you didn't have issues with the AMP wiring. I was helping a friend remove his from his JT so he can go legit sliders, and the previous owner who put it in frigging cut and spliced the factory wiring.
Took me 3 hours to remove and reconnect all the factory wiring.

for the control panel wire, just cut the grommet on the driver side and go from there into the cab. Be sure to run a few extra 14gauge wires in case you have future needs.

Yeah, It was late and I wanted to be done for the night. I didn't have what I needed to get a good cut in the grommet without worrying about cutting into other wires in there. Its hard to get to, thats for sure.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, It was late and I wanted to be done for the night. I didn't have what I needed to get a good cut in the grommet without worrying about cutting into other wires in there. Its hard to get to, thats for sure.
oh yes.
oh another tip (in case you haven't thought about it): when fishing the cable through, spray some WD-40 on the cables to make it easier to go through. If you make a hole too big, just silicone it after (though, I've never had water intrusion issues even with holes bigger than they need to be)

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

detroitm2

Reaction score
oh yes.
oh another tip (in case you haven't thought about it): when fishing the cable through, spray some WD-40 on the cables to make it easier to go through. If you make a hole too big, just silicone it after (though, I've never had water intrusion issues even with holes bigger than they need to be)
Yup. Knew about the wd40 trick! Thanks.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep $599 nope lol, I was just curious since I never heard of digital plates being a thing guess Ill stick to the old ways with a physical plate .

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep $599 nope lol, I was just curious since I never heard of digital plates being a thing guess Ill stick to the old ways with a physical plate .
Some states were talking about going with them. So you might not have a choice in future.

detroitm2

Reaction score
Its actually a subscription and not $599. Probably depends on the state.

That being said, the built-in lowjack features makes it worth it (for me), plus it looks cool :)

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Its actually a subscription and not $599. Probably depends on the state.

That being said, the built-in lowjack features makes it worth it (for me), plus it looks cool :)
Does it require wiring, or battery operated? Guessing hard wired?

detroitm2

Reaction score
Installed my oracle light bar and finally got my lasfit light controller hooked up. Just controls the front lightbar and 3 baja designs S2 sports in the rear mounted in the 3rd brake light mount from evil manufacturing.

I plan to add more lighting later, and with the 8 available circuits on the Lasfit controller I should have more than ill need.

1000002315.jpg 1000002316.jpg 1000002317.jpg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So can you change your plate numbers when going through tolls.. asking for a friend that just so happened to had the pleasurably experience dealing with Illinois tolls in the past.

detroitm2

Reaction score
So can you change your plate numbers when going through tolls.. asking for a friend that just so happened to had the pleasurably experience dealing with Illinois tolls in the past.
No. It's locked to whatever your DMV registered tag is. It's not a way to bypass tolls or run from police.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread