5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Engine will not stop running

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue where the engine will not stop running? My truck is going through that right now. I'd take it to the dealership but it's Sunday.

Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue where the engine will not stop running? My truck is going through that right now. I'd take it to the dealership but it's Sunday.
I was reading about this, and it looks like your key communication hub behind the rear seat got wet due to the known leak of the rear window. Not sure if it could be removed and dried. But definitely check if your rear glass is leaking.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I was reading about this, and it looks like your key communication hub behind the rear seat got wet due to the known leak of the rear window. Not sure if it could be removed and dried. But definitely check if your rear glass is leaking.
My wife had the same thing come up when she was looking at the potential cause. We had a downpour yesterday and I'm wondering if something may have gotten wet and that may be causing this issue.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you happen to know which fuse?
It is F01 in the external power distribution module aka fuse box.
Better yet, just pull relay K01, fuel pump relay.
I am basing this on my 2019 rebel, check your fuse and relay designations for your model year.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
It is F01 in the external power distribution module aka fuse box.
Better yet, just pull relay K01, fuel pump relay.
I am basing this on my 2019 rebel, check your fuse and relay designations for your model year.
fuse K01 was the fuel pump relay. I pulled that and it shut off after about 10 minutes. Thanks!

Tomorrow I'll call the dealership and figure out how I can get it to them to look at.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
fuse K01 was the fuel pump relay. I pulled that and it shut off after about 10 minutes. Thanks!

Tomorrow I'll call the dealership and figure out how I can get it to them to look at.
Good luck.
It should have shut off in mere 10 seconds, not 10 minutes...
Something is off?

Last edited:

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Yep, 10 minutes for the engine to die after I took out the fuel pump fuse...Or close to it. I figured the engine would cut out quickly.

Anyway the service department at the local Ram dealership said they need to replace the Radio Frequency Hub.

I just saw this post on the Forum: RF hub failed - now I know

Seems that I'm not the only one that has had this issue. The OP of the thread above describes exactly what occurred to me. I did not see any sign of water contamination and I've had no issue with a leaky rear window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/