5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HOW TO: Add Digital Rearview Mirror

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why do you reply with nothing in you post except my post quote?

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
So I know a lot of this has been talked about in here but I’m not reading 15 pages of it lol. The first page has the 3rd brake light part number but that doesn’t look like it has the spot for the factory cargo cam? What’s the part number for the 3rd brake light with the 2 cams? ( oem cargo cam, and new digital mirror cam.) I want to do this digital 2 channel tow mirror on my new 2021 Ram 2500 Limited and it has the factory cargo cam but no Forward collision.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I know a lot of this has been talked about in here but I’m not reading 15 pages of it lol. The first page has the 3rd brake light part number but that doesn’t look like it has the spot for the factory cargo cam? What’s the part number for the 3rd brake light with the 2 cams? ( oem cargo cam, and new digital mirror cam.) I want to do this digital 2 channel tow mirror on my new 2021 Ram 2500 Limited and it has the factory cargo cam but no Forward collision.

No digital mirror with cargo cam.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
68465999AA if you do not have surround view.
68465998AA if you have surround view.
No digital mirror with cargo cam.
Just realized he has a 2500

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
68465999AA if you do not have surround view.
68465998AA if you have surround view.

Just realized he has a 2500
So how do the 2022-2024 2500’s have the digital Rearview mirror? They don’t work in 2021 or older? That sucks I really wanted the digital Rearview mirror with side cameras in it too. So that isn’t possible to install that at all on a 2021 2500? I have surround view.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So how do the 2022-2024 2500’s have the digital Rearview mirror? They don’t work in 2021 or older? That sucks I really wanted the digital Rearview mirror with side cameras in it too. So that isn’t possible to install that at all on a 2021 2500? I have surround view.
The DRVM will work on your 2021. I thought you wanted to know which third brake light you would need that contains both the DRVM camera and cargo camera. Those are the two part numbers I posted (based on if you have surround view or not, because they’re different cargo cameras).

Now, if you’re talking about wanting the 2023+ DRVM 3.0 and mirror side cameras, that’s a MAJOR retrofit to a 2021. You would need the new telescoping mirrors with DRVM cameras, cut the door skins to mount them, door modules, 23 bcm, 23 memory seat module, 23+ mirror, mirror video processor, 23 CHMSL with cameras, and extensive custom wiring.

GR1MREAPER

Reaction score
The DRVM will work on your 2021. I thought you wanted to know which third brake light you would need that contains both the DRVM camera and cargo camera. Those are the two part numbers I posted (based on if you have surround view or not, because they’re different cargo cameras).

Now, if you’re talking about wanting the 2023+ DRVM 3.0 and mirror side cameras, that’s a MAJOR retrofit to a 2021. You would need the new telescoping mirrors with DRVM cameras, cut the door skins to mount them, door modules, 23 bcm, 23 memory seat module, 23+ mirror, mirror video processor, 23 CHMSL with cameras, and extensive custom wiring.
Ohh okay. So I can do the Rearview mirror I just can’t do the mirror and integrate the side cams. Thanks for the info.. 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread