5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Insanity

Reaction score
If it happens again I will report on how the weather tech car seat tray thingy works. I did scrub it 3 times before I moved onto the rest of the truck. I spent about 30 minutes just on that seat cushion that was affected.

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All depends on where you live. The winters in the Midwest aren't bad enough to need dedicated snow tires on a 4wd/AWD platform. A good set of A/T or all-seasons with a snow rating will get you anywhere you need to go. Now if you live in the upper Midwest, like North Dakota or Michigan, or Canada/Alaska, I can see using dedicated snow/ice tires in winter.
Yep.
Where I live in BC🇨🇦, it’s hills and mountains. There’s no going downhill without a dedicated winter tire unless you don’t mind sliding uncontrollably on a decent or not making it up a hill in the winter. IMG_2631.jpeg

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Buy or rent an ozone generator. It may take a few times but it will destroy the odor.
Good idea, but be VERY careful using an ozone generator. We used them extensively in Restoration, however, make sure everything is dry firstly as it can create a nitric acid and don’t use it for extended periods as ozone can deteriorate things like:
  • carpets, especially synthetic carpets;
  • carpet padding;
  • foam seat cushions;
  • plastics;
  • latex or rubber pads and padding;
  • electrical wire coatings;
You would be probably alright with an overnight application, but keep in mind it’s a small enclosure so the application would be concentrated.
When done, turn off the ozone machine and open all doors to well ventilate the truck for a while. Do not get into the truck till well-ventilated.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got this email from my @RamCares case manager (personal information redacted).

There is no need to reply to this email if you are no longer having any concerns with your vehicle and your issues are resolved at this time.

We just wanted to thank you for allowing RAM Customer Care the opportunity to address your concern. If you require any further assistance and are able to get the vehicle back into the dealership and get it diagnosed, then certainly give us a call back so we may reopen your case and look into the concern further.

We also wanted to let you know that we attempt to conduct a satisfaction survey upon closure of a case; therefore, you could potentially receive a survey by email. We’d ask that you take the time to complete the survey so we’ll know how we’re doing and what improvements we can make to enhance the customer experience.

Thank you for your time, participation, patience and for being a loyal RAM customer. It has been a pleasure working with you, and all the best in the future,

Seems like they are closing my case on my leaky rear window without any further explanation.

Oh, and I fedexed out a check for 30k to buy out my lease.

Honestly, if I could justify the price on a different new brand at this point, it would already be done.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well over the weekend:
Floor plate cut and painted, bolted in. No drilling needed.
1715729633815.png
1715730020766.png
1715730041552.png
1715730051921.png
I elevated the fridge to store another case of water and other supplies. I thought about sealing the bottom of the box off but decided agaisnt it since it allows for more flexibility in storing things, and also makes it easier for me to run wires to the fridge.
I also thought about building an enclosure around the Ecoflows, but after consideration I also decided against it due to heat issues. I may, however, build another "frame" around the Ecoflow and add a top panel to act as charging station.

but all that later additions will be future boogielander's problem. for now, i need to decide whether to keep the fridge where it is and sacrifice front seat legroom (not that it matters anyways) or move the fridge back slightly and sacrifice that space between the fridge and the rear seat cushion (i use that space to store my tripods, chairs, camplights etc)

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completed a rather lengthy online survey by JD power just now. I generally don't do random surveys, but I needed to rant about the poor service experience I had at my last dealership visit.

Users who are viewing this thread