5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019+ Rams with Lifts/Levels, and/or aftermarket wheel tire setups

Choate

Reaction score
No they’re a cheap tire. Local guy says almost all come back under wear warranty. Company is good at honoring the warranty though. They’re cheap. Let’s not act like all countries make them the same quality.
Wear warranty? How many years would it take you to drive 60,000 miles?

Reaper3751

Reaction score
Wear warranty? How many years would it take you to drive 60,000 miles?
Not sure the point I was making is they never make it to 60k or wear unevenly. You realize if they make it 60k then a warranty wouldn’t be used right?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Actually open the article lol. They say that then the very next paragraph go back to they’re not made in America and everywhere else says China based. You can’t just google and clip what you like without even reading
I know that. I never said venoms were made in america. My screen shot said the tires are made in Asia. That’s the point. Tire company’s make tires in many countries all over. Just because they’re made in China, that doesn’t mean they’re not good. lots of name brand high dollar tires are manufactured in other countries as well.

It’s like saying iPhones are cr@p because they’re made in China.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure the point I was making is they never make it to 60k or wear unevenly. You realize if they make it 60k then a warranty wouldn’t be used right?
Mine are 50k warranty. I’ve got just over 25k miles on them. Wearing evenly and no issues. I rotate twice a year. I’ve had many different brands and none of them really make to 60k miles.

Reaper3751

Reaction score
I know that. I never said venoms were made in america. My screen shot said the tires are made in Asia. That’s the point. Tire company’s make tires in many countries all over. Just because they’re made in China, that doesn’t mean they’re not good. lots of name brand high dollar tires are manufactured in other countries as well.

It’s like saying iPhones are cr@p because they’re made in China.
It clearly said it’s an American based company in Tennessee. You seem to not want to actually address anything just talk around it. And again as I said stop acting like every country makes things like China

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Reap, this dude talks out the side of his mouth, or ***, can't tell which is which. He literally said this:

1716814544918.png

To which I replied:

1716814584187.png

To which he replies:

1716814630293.png

And then when I actually prove to him that the Nitto's and Toyo's we run on our trucks are Made in America he says oh anybody can google. Well evidently everybody but you.

To sum it up, he says Nitto and Toyo are foreign tires and Venom Power is a USA tire. When you look at the facts the FACTS (ACTUAL FACTS!!!!!) the Venom Power tires are made in China and the Nitto, Toyo, BFG, Mickey Thompson, Cooper, Goodyear, some Yokohama's and more are MADE IN THE USA. I go back to the statement "almost every tire is made in China, Korea". Again, this is a false statement.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It clearly said it’s an American based company in Tennessee. You seem to not want to actually address anything just talk around it. And again as I said stop acting like every country makes things like China

Why would I want to address that the company is based in Tennessee? That wasn’t my point.

Reap, this dude talks out the side of his mouth, or ***, can't tell which is which. He literally said this:

View attachment 183903

To which I replied:

View attachment 183904

To which he replies:

View attachment 183905

And then when I actually prove to him that the Nitto's and Toyo's we run on our trucks are Made in America he says oh anybody can google. Well evidently everybody but you.

To sum it up, he says Nitto and Toyo are foreign tires and Venom Power is a USA tire. When you look at the facts the FACTS (ACTUAL FACTS!!!!!) the Venom Power tires are made in China and the Nitto, Toyo, BFG, Mickey Thompson, Cooper, Goodyear, some Yokohama's and more are MADE IN THE USA. I go back to the statement "almost every tire is made in China, Korea". Again, this is a false statement.

Thanks for the additional screenshots. You seem to have found your talent.

I said China, Korea, ETC (meaning other countries) and you’re implying that I said “only made in China” which I didn’t.

Example, nitto started out in Japan, and expanded into the US, China and other countries. Great tire. I have them on my jeep.

To actually sum it up…just because something is made in China (or another country) , doesn’t mean its junk. You are also assuming that a tire you have never used is junk.

Reaper3751

Reaction score
Why would I want to address that the company is based in Tennessee? That wasn’t my point.

Thanks for the additional screenshots. You seem to have found your talent.

I said China, Korea, ETC (meaning other countries) and you’re implying that I said “only made in China” which I didn’t.

Example, nitto started out in Japan, and expanded into the US, China and other countries. Great tire. I have them on my jeep.

To actually sum it up…just because something is made in China (or another country) , doesn’t mean its junk. You are also assuming that a tire you have never used is junk.
Guy you posted that picture for a reason. To an article you didn’t even actually read. Suddenly only one line of it was all you meant to post. Stop saying every country is China quality. We know that isn’t true. Falken and Venom Power are NOT the same for example. It’s ok that you like them. It’s ok we don’t like them and have legitimate reasons not to.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Guy you posted that picture for a reason. To an article you didn’t even actually read. Suddenly only one line of it was all you meant to post. Stop saying every country is China quality. We know that isn’t true. Falken and Venom Power are NOT the same for example. It’s ok that you like them. It’s ok we don’t like them and have legitimate reasons not to.
I did post it for a reason. My bad for not explaining the reason. Of course it’s ok if you don’t like them. You’re entitled to your opinion.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Omfg....all tires sold in the us have to pass the same quality checks.

Blet was spot on that there are only 2 us owned tire companies, Goodyear and Cooper
Many Japanese, Korean, Chinese companies have production facilities in the us but the profits all go overseas.
Although falken' are all Japanese...They make a few in south Africa but not the at3 ...no us jobs
Venom does make some here in TN, i am sure that profit heads out. But at least folks are employed in the US as opposed to the falken.

So if you have heartburn pal, give a real example of why a product is bad. Otherwise I assume you are just blowing smoke

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Blet was spot on that there are only 2 us owned tire companies, Goodyear and Cooper
Many Japanese, Korean, Chinese companies have production facilities in the us but the profits all go overseas.
Although falken' are all Japanese...They make a few in south Africa but not the at3 ...no us jobs
Venom does make some here in TN, i am sure that profit heads out. But at least folks are employed in the US as opposed to the falken.

So if you have heartburn pal, give a real example of why a product is bad. Otherwise I assume you are just blowing smoke
Well said…. Not all budget tires are trash short and sweet. Now put this dumb a** argument to rest.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Look man, I do not care what anybody chooses to buy with their own money. The point is he said almost every tire was made in China, Korea, etc. And that's just not true.

While we are talking about Venom Power, are they 3PMS rated? Or even M+S rated? Do the have rim protectors? How many dealers do they have? I'm in a major city and their dealer locator shows no dealers near me. There is one dealer in Dallas Texas. It says 3ply sidewalls on select sizes, which sizes?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Look man, I do not care what anybody chooses to buy with their own money. The point is he said almost every tire was made in China, Korea, etc. And that's just not true.

While we are talking about Venom Power, are they 3PMS rated? Or even M+S rated? Do the have rim protectors? How many dealers do they have? I'm in a major city and their dealer locator shows no dealers near me. There is one dealer in Dallas Texas. It says 3ply sidewalls on select sizes, which sizes?
So tire companies don't manufacture tires in other countries across the globe? Again, I didn’t say ONLY in China, Korea, etc

Not sure about the ratings. Mine have rim protectors and 4 ply side walls. Didn’t go with load range E as I don’t tow anything heavy or off road much.

All terra hunter XT tires have a SL load range or higher so no 3 ply. Maybe it’s some of the passenger car tires.

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
So tire companies don't manufacture tires in other countries across the globe? Again, I didn’t say ONLY in China, Korea, etc

Not sure about the ratings. Mine have rim protectors and 4 ply side walls. Didn’t go with load range E as I don’t tow anything heavy or off road much.

All terra hunter XT tires have a SL load range or higher so no 3 ply. Maybe it’s some of the passenger car tires.
Okay I will help you out. The sidewall ply is different from the load rating (ply). You have 4 ply meaning the structure of the tire (think the tread), not the sidewall. Your sidewalls are definitely not 4 ply, probably one ply, maybe 2 because they are Standard Load and not Light Truck.

In LT tires the ply construction mostly follows this

Load C - 6 ply
Load D - 8 ply
Load E - 10 ply
Load F - 12 ply

Sidewall ply is one of the things I look for. For example my tires are Load range 10-ply with 3-ply sidewall construction. They have rim heat extractor and are 3 peak mountain snowflake rated.

So we are in two different worlds, because if you have 4 ply standard load tires and they work for you that's great! I use my truck way too much to run anything less than an 10 ply. We are just in two different (tire) worlds.

Reaper3751

Reaction score
I did post it for a reason. My bad for not explaining the reason. Of course it’s ok if you don’t like them. You’re entitled to your opinion.

They wear terribly, balance terribly and drive terribly compared to others.

Squatch79

Reaction score
Just my .02 on Venom Power Tires, I will never buy another set. Bought a set for my 17 year old's GMC Sierra. Had issues with them balancing and the treadwear was awful even after rotating them religiously. I bet they didn't even last a year and a half, then it was like riding around on onion skins.

Users who are viewing this thread