5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

12v options

Fusco9

Reaction score
Hi I just picked up a 19 big horn with black package, led lights, and tech 2. All i have is a single 12v outlet on top of the dash. There are a bunch of usb outlets but no more 12v outlets. I need to hook up an emergency light (fire department ) and the last thing I want is a cord going to the top of my dash all the time. Any idea how I can add another 12v outlet maybe in the console?

Agitated

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cleaner and easier to wire the lights to a relay that gets its power from the battery, and use a simple switch to active the relay?

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The only option I can offer would be to downgrade your lighting system a bit.... FD54A5DC-3C60-4E04-A92D-3B966D7AB42D.png
;);)

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just hard wire a triple 12V outlet into the fuse box under the steering wheel. That's what I will be doing once I get my Rebel as I have multiple lights also. Visor/Dash/Grille and also plug in GPS.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes I think those would work. I haven't got my new Rebel yet. Is there a 12V socket in the rear seat console like I have on my 2014. I plug my dash light in that one and have the switch sitting in my center console. I like the center console as it has cut outs for wire so the lid closes.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I think those would work. I haven't got my new Rebel yet. Is there a 12V socket in the rear seat console like I have on my 2014. I plug my dash light in that one and have the switch sitting in my center console. I like the center console as it has cut outs for wire so the lid closes.

The only 12v that I see in the limited is the one above the radio, unless I'm missingsomething. Everything else is USB or 115v

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I never paid much attention to the center console in the 4th Gens as I had to have 6 seats when I bought mine...but the Rebel I crawled all over at truck nationals...that consult is amazing.

Fusco9

Reaction score
Same issue here (fire department blue light). I'm almost tempted to try this in the 115v outlet since I'm not normally using it. My blue light draws right at the 2A mark I believe.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5D1JQH/ref=twister_B078FBVGRF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Schumacher-P...rd_wg=O29kb&psc=1&refRID=Q2GHGBEY3C4579SHRJKT
No 110..... that's a miss as well. I bought a usb to 12v socket. It works but there is a noticeable drop in light output. Just going to have to hardwire it..

Users who are viewing this thread