5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

jonusko

Reaction score
I haven't either. From what I'm reading, it can still be months away. Maybe some more experienced people can comment?
Here is how my Laramie is going with a level 2 package. I don't know why it hasn't shipped yet.

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 12.58.25 PM.png

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
well at least you got a complete VIN we only have the last 8 Digits on that screen.
I wonder if yours is one at Belvedere Illinois waiting on a train?
If it is, it'll likely there for a while.

My educated guess is those are there waiting on parts and finishing the build not just to be shipped out. Belvedere isn't an active assembly plant so there's nothing else there to combine them with.

There's no reason for them to not rail out direct from SHAP or Toledo. I see you're in Indiana @Pikeman_66, yours will likely truck to Toledo then your see dealer, if not just straight to your dealer.

TBH, if it were me, I'd want them to get production all worked out and ramped up before they built my truck.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
If it is, it'll likely there for a while.

My educated guess is those are there waiting on parts and finishing the build not just to be shipped out. Belvedere isn't an active assembly plant so there's nothing else there to combine them with.

There's no reason for them to not rail out direct from SHAP or Toledo. I see you're in Indiana @Pikeman_66, yours will likely truck to Toledo then your see dealer, if not just straight to your dealer.

TBH, if it were me, I'd want them to get production all worked out and ramped up before they built my truck.
thanks, yes Dealer said since we are so close that the trucks usually arrive straight from the plant. I am just south of South Bend 20 miles.
I would normally agree with your statement about waiting for everything to be worked out. but I am without a truck now since I had turn the chevy in last week.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Here are some updated graphs.

If you want to see something in addition to this, please let me know.

-The color chart is boring. Nothing happening there really... everything is holding steady.

Did they do away with the Granite Crystal Metallic color?

PetePA

Reaction score
Did they do away with the Granite Crystal Metallic color?
A couple months ago the configurator (if that's what it's called... the builder on the Ram site) allowed you to select "Steel Storm", but that has since gone away.

IIRC, Steel Storm was a softer, lighter version of the Granite Crystal. I didn't like it as much as the Granite Crystal. I think it's the same color as the Wagoneer. I forget the name of the Wagoneer color. Not River Rock (that's allegedly the Forged Blue Metallic) but something else.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
A couple months ago the configurator (if that's what it's called... the builder on the Ram site) allowed you to select "Steel Storm", but that has since gone away.

IIRC, Steel Storm was a softer, lighter version of the Granite Crystal. I didn't like it as much as the Granite Crystal. I think it's the same color as the Wagoneer. I forget the name of the Wagoneer color. Not River Rock (that's allegedly the Forged Blue Metallic) but something else.
Baltic Grey - PAS. If you're thinking about it, I'd definitely look at a Jeep and see what you think. I have Granite Crystal on my 2014 Laramie, and really like it. I'm not a fan of the Baltic Grey / Steel Storm (assuming the same paint code will look the same on RAM as it does on Jeep). But to each his own.....

lancer-am

Reaction score
When someone does finally get their 2025, can you test is Android Auto is still limited to the top half of the screen or did they finally decide to throw AA folks a bone?

lonepeak

Reaction score
This video is not encouraging so advise caution but actual interviews with UAW workers. The UAW local makes some damaging claims against Stellantis and the 2025 RAMs. I don't know what to think.

PetePA

Reaction score
This video is not encouraging so advise caution but actual interviews with UAW workers. The UAW local makes some damaging claims against Stellantis and the 2025 RAMs. I don't know what to think.
The real reason Stellantis may move production to Mexico is because of the unions themselves... For so many reasons. Unions were useful many years ago, but now they are counterproductive.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Both sides have their demands but the idea that agreements on quality control or that the requisite engineering staff is not available is troubling given the delays and rumors so far. Doesn't give me confidence. Maybe like he said there were issues with the TRX in the beginning. Not sure this foreign ownership is in the customers best interest, but certainly in Stellantis's financial interest. The balance of the two is concerning. Brake failures, loose wiring and connectors, not qualified engineers . . . . . . The YouTubers have to make a story and keep up the platform. Hope this one is overdone.

PetePA

Reaction score
Both sides have their demands but the idea that agreements on quality control or that the requisite engineering staff is not available is troubling given the delays and rumors so far. Doesn't give me confidence. Maybe like he said there were issues with the TRX in the beginning. Not sure this foreign ownership is in the customers best interest, but certainly in Stellantis's financial interest. The balance of the two is concerning. Brake failures, loose wiring and connectors, not qualified engineers . . . . . . The YouTubers have to make a story and keep up the platform. Hope this one is overdone.

It certainly is overdone. I work in manufacturing. The only way the short wiring harness didn't become a big deal right away is if UAW was keeping it to themselves or protecting workers who were keeping it to themselves, or if the issue was not a big deal to begin with. Either they are using the issue to try and punish Stellantis for the layoffs, which were ultimately driven by UAW, or didn't report it to begin with and are protecting themselves.

Either way, UAW is driving up the cost of our trucks and needs to go.

Users who are viewing this thread