5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Quality

2020GCM

Reaction score
I also saw the vid from both Butter Da Insider, pretty crazy if that stuff is happening....seems like CJDR needs Lee Iacocca again for its revival!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't like non painted plastic flares, any black plastic looks cheap and gets faded from the sun.

There's good and bad with both. Like @mikeru82 said, the painted flares get chipped easily. The plastic flares scratch easier. The unpainted plastic flares will fade if you don't take care of them. I treat my unpainted flares with wax just like I do the painted surfaces and they never fade. I've had both and I like them equally, but some models just look better painted and the others look better unpainted.

This is my 11 year old Frontier. The black plastic looks like new and looks much better on this truck than the body colored flares. This truck spent 7 years in Phoenix.

IMG_3114.JPG

This is my 8 year old Wrangler. It spent 6 years in Portland and 2 years in Phoenix. The PO did not take care of the plastic for the first 6 years of its life, so no matter what I did, they looked like crap.

IMG_2156.jpg

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't RAM still rank #1? Certainly that could be proven otherwise in 2025 but haven't seen any new data. Did they drop in rank in 2023 and 2024?

No, they are dead last, and in 2023 they were the ONLY brand selling pickup trucks in America that saw declining percentages of sales. Everybody else, including Honda and Nissan, showed increases. And for Q1 2024 they had the largest decrease in sales of any brand. Ram trucks are just sitting and not moving. I've seen $16k or larger discounts on them recently. It's not a good situation, and selling the 6-year-old truck without a V8 for 2025 is not going to help them.

I truly think they are in serious trouble right now.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Not a fan of the flares nor the plastic on the Laramie hood.

With regards to the bad news, it seems like all the manufacturers are having issues with the latest trucks.
Even the Tundra is have major Engine trouble.

We see it in our business as well.

Higher ups keep getting huge salaries but minimal pay for the actual works along with layoffs generating an abundance of work to where mistakes start to happen.

Lots of companies are letting the more experienced folks go to hire in cheaper labor which doesn't help.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
or the fact that you only b*tched about the union, but forgot the overpriced management. I find it funny guys like you always want to pin the union theory.
Considering the unions affect the bottom line more than a handful of execs getting a bonus. Yeah. "Guys like me" are just able to see how greedy unions have gotten and that many have lost sight of the reason unions were created. You want to talk about cash grab management, look at the Union management. They dont do anything but manage the union and they make damn sure they get their money.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Considering the unions affect the bottom line more than a handful of execs getting a bonus. Yeah. "Guys like me" are just able to see how greedy unions have gotten and that many have lost sight of the reason unions were created. You want to talk about cash grab management, look at the Union management. They dont do anything but manage the union and they make damn sure they get their money.
You're delusional dude. Thanks for the laughs. 🤣🤣

PetePA

Reaction score
Here's a link for everyone to draw their own conclusions. I recommend starting with the "Spending" tab. Remember, what unions spend is earned by the union through the member dues. This is taken from the income of the companies that we're buying trucks from, which then pass it on to us.

Brief summary of the Spending tab:

-Almost a third of their spending goes to contract negotiation and enforcement. Think 3rd party lawyers, for example.
-Almost 16% goes to employees of the UAW (not the ones actually making our trucks)
-Over 11% supports strikes (paying folks to be required to not work)
-$5.5 million goes towards lobbying politicians! The increase in price we pay literally funds lobbying of politicians!

I'm pretty neutral in my political beliefs. However, it does bother me to see 100% tariffs on vehicles from other countries to keep competition at bay so automakers can keep prices high and continue to support spending by unions. It's anti-capitalist to a degree. US automakers are public companies, so their financials are public. UAW knows profit margins. If UAW were to see margins fall, they would know that they had less bargaining power. They don't want the companies that they get their money from to go out of business.

For you republicans - you're effectively paying democratic lobbying fees every time you buy a truck - and that funnels through the union to the politicians.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I went and looked at a 2025 and drove it. Just wanted to see what the hype was about. First thing I noticed when I pulled out of the dealership….YEP quality control is non-existent. The one I was driving had 14 miles on the odo and the windshield had not been sealed properly at the plant. There was horrible wind noise from 30 MPH on which got louder as speeds increased. It’s an obvious air leak, but the question is will it also be a water leak? Hmm.. Second thing I noticed is that from 0% to around 50% throttle the Hurricane feels lethargic and non-linear in its power output. At higher throttle it does make good power, but in the low and mid range it felt weaker than the Hemi to me. I thought that was supposed to be the big draw to these turbo engines, the torque? Third thing I noticed was how quiet the ENGINE was. Literally could not tell the truck was running at idle. And while driving the NVH is non-existent. If you enjoy listening to your engine, the 2025 isn’t for you.

The Bighorn has some neat equipment added. Adaptive cruise, wireless charging, digital rearview mirror, etc. At least on that level 2 package it did. Those were neat additions. But I just can’t get past the engine and quality issues.

Serpens

Reaction score
Funny, I didn't get the feeling power delivery was nonlinear in the 2025 1500 I drove yesterday nor the several rental Wagoneers that I've had. That's bee the good part about this motor to me. The lack of sound is remarkable, I prefer more noise myself.

Ramfancy

Reaction score
Talk about a bunch of people seeing what they want based on their own beliefs. This thread should be an example for psychology students.

Ramfancy

Reaction score
Here's a link for everyone to draw their own conclusions. I recommend starting with the "Spending" tab. Remember, what unions spend is earned by the union through the member dues. This is taken from the income of the companies that we're buying trucks from, which then pass it on to us.

Brief summary of the Spending tab:

-Almost a third of their spending goes to contract negotiation and enforcement. Think 3rd party lawyers, for example.
-Almost 16% goes to employees of the UAW (not the ones actually making our trucks)
-Over 11% supports strikes (paying folks to be required to not work)
-$5.5 million goes towards lobbying politicians! The increase in price we pay literally funds lobbying of politicians!

I'm pretty neutral in my political beliefs. However, it does bother me to see 100% tariffs on vehicles from other countries to keep competition at bay so automakers can keep prices high and continue to support spending by unions. It's anti-capitalist to a degree. US automakers are public companies, so their financials are public. UAW knows profit margins. If UAW were to see margins fall, they would know that they had less bargaining power. They don't want the companies that they get their money from to go out of business.

For you republicans - you're effectively paying democratic lobbying fees every time you buy a truck - and that funnels through the union to the politicians.
Nice union busting website. Something tells me that you fib about your political neutrality….

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think this is all sensational nonsense. There is no credibility to the belief that UAW employees are intentionally sabotaging trucks. Stellantis increased profits by 11% in 2023 and UAW employees received $13,860 in profit sharing as a result. The UAW has never been about reducing member paychecks and that's exactly what would happen if they started sabotaging vehicles.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice union busting website. Something tells me that you fib about your political neutrality….
I have an honest question for you, admittetly having nothing to do with 2025 Ram truck quality. I'm asking this as someone who has only ever worked in right to work states and never belonged to a union. I've been employed by two companies for my entire professional life. 7 years with the first company and 34 years with my current employer. I was only laid off one time, which was from the first company I worked for. And I had a job with the second company within 4 weeks of that layoff. I have always been paid a competitive wage with no need for someone to bargain on my behalf for higher wages or better working hours/conditions. State and federal agencies regulate employers. So what is the purpose of a union in this day and age? From the outside looking in it seems that the unions themselves benefit the most from their existence.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have an honest question for you, admittetly having nothing to do with 2025 Ram truck quality. I'm asking this as someone who has only ever worked in right to work states and never belonged to a union. I've been employed by two companies for my entire professional life. 7 years with the first company and 34 years with my current employer. I was only laid off one time, which was from the first company I worked for. And I had a job with the second company within 4 weeks of that layoff. I have always been paid a competitive wage with no need for someone to bargain on my behalf for higher wages or better working hours/conditions. State and federal agencies regulate employers. So what is the purpose of a union in this day and age? From the outside looking in it seems that the unions themselves benefit the most from their existence.

Unions are not all the same. I know nothing about the UAW, but unions are necessary in the airline industry. It would take way too long to explain the benefits of a union in my industry, so I'll just leave it at that.

Users who are viewing this thread