5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brake light issue , Plz Help

Andyswe

Reaction score
Hi.
Im new here, own a 2019 ram and loveing it.

There are some small things i think about but my biggest issue is that I think my tail lights are broken in someway.
When I brake, my 3rd light and the upper part of my tail light lights up not the lower, the blinkers works fine.
I have 2 friends with same car Model as mine and their upper and lower part of the tail light lights up when you push the brake pedal.
Every other light on the car works fine.

someone with same issue?

Best regards Andreas.
( Sweden )

Last edited:

Andyswe

Reaction score
Hi.

There are some small things i think about but my biggest issue is that I think my tail lights are broken in someway.
When I brake, my 3rd light and the upper part of my tail light lights up not the lower, the blinkers works fine.
I have 2 friends with same car Model as mine and their upper and lower part of the tail light lights up when you push the brake pedal.
Every other light on the car works fine.

someone with same issue?

Best regards Andreas.
( Sweden )
I wonder if there can bee anything with the manufacture date?
Are there different tail lights on early 19 and late 19 models. Visually they look the same.
I’ll try to upload a video later to day.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
Do you have the LED tail lights or standard bulbs?
I have the LED light package and my tail lights light up top and bottom. Don't know if what you are describing is normal for standard bulb systems of not but it does sound odd.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have a 5th gen. Ram in Sweden?
If you are anything like Finland, then congratulations.
Is your truck registered as a passenger car or lastbil? could effect the tail-light configuration.
Been gone so long that cant remember the regulations.

Andyswe

Reaction score
I have LED tail lights.
Laramie sport .

Its a really common car in Sweden, when you bye a truck you get all taxes back, the car I had before this was a v-Klass AMG Line on that one you only get half tax back.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk 9A241926-62F5-41D6-941F-8A5E077D2AD5.jpeg 64DCBBB0-C275-4D69-A80F-DBA3697D96B2.jpeg

Last edited:

Andyswe

Reaction score
Here are a video on the brake lights lighting up.
As you can see it’s only the upper part of the tail lights that lights up when I brake.

I don’t know how to upload a video so I have a link to YouTube, if that’s not against the forum rules please let me know.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread