5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chevy-style lumbar-only heated seat mod?

FBPete

Reaction score
One thing I miss from a previous vehicle and which I like every time I get a Chevy rental is the heated seats that do either A) heated but and back -OR- B) heated lower back only.

1. Has anyone done this ?
  2. Is it possible to get this trough software? Can Alpha OBD somehow do it?
  3. If wiring, has anyone messed with the heated seat wiring harness?
    • Would a custom connecter work?
    • Could you simply isolate the butt heater pad and wire in an on/off switch? Or would that cause some other issue (trip low voltage alarms, etc)?
Thanks!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I miss from a previous vehicle and which I like every time I get a Chevy rental is the heated seats that do either A) heated but and back -OR- B) heated lower back only.

1. Has anyone done this ?
  2. Is it possible to get this trough software? Can Alpha OBD somehow do it?
  3. If wiring, has anyone messed with the heated seat wiring harness?
    • Would a custom connecter work?
    • Could you simply isolate the butt heater pad and wire in an on/off switch? Or would that cause some other issue (trip low voltage alarms, etc)?
Thanks!
I have not heard anyone tackling this.
The seat cushion and the seat back are two separate circuits so it could be possible, hardware mod. to the wiring would be easiest most likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online