5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas pump nozzle getting a little stuck when removing?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an issue after pumping gas, when pulling out the pump it gets a little stuck? I usually have to fiddle with it slightly to remove it, like pushing it in a bit while changing the angle to get it unstuck.

I noticed a few threads on previous gen RAMs having nozzle issues, but not found anything on the 5th gen. I'm wondering if it's related to the capless system, but my last truck had a capless system and never had this issue before.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an issue after pumping gas, when pulling out the pump it gets a little stuck? I usually have to fiddle with it slightly to remove it, like pushing it in a bit while changing the angle to get it unstuck.

I noticed a few threads on previous gen RAMs having nozzle issues, but not found anything on the 5th gen. I'm wondering if it's related to the capless system, but my last truck had a capless system and never had this issue before.
There have been a few comments on this in previous threads...but I/we think that yes, it's related to the capless system and the angle. I've only had this happen once or twice, and I'm just a little more cautious about tipping the nozzle up before removing it. I'd hate to damage that capless filler neck and have to drop the tank!

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems to be a California complaint more often for some reason. I had one occurence and it was caused by nozzle spring being bent and a rung caught on the opening. I've had the truck for nearly a year and over 12 000 miles so I've stopped for gas plenty of times.

Users who are viewing this thread