5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rear 1.5" lift, New Bump Stops???

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone found the need for new bump stops with a 1.5" REAR lift?

I see Readylift sells the 2" rear spacers that come with new bump stop extenders like their 3.5" kit. $170, but damn I don't want to spend that much for extenders and they won't sell separate. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm going with BDS 3" w/ Fox 2.5 and don't want to damage the rear shocks on a possible bottom out. No baja offroading, but IL streets SUCK!! :poop::poop: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m guessing you called ReadyLift and asked them if they sell them separate? I saw on the website customer review that they do come with the kit.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes sir. I told them they should think about it. I'm surprised nobody makes them or don't come with other kits. I wonder if Gladiator BS would work. I've never looked under either vehicle to see, but know the coils work. Timbren I thought about, but damn they pricey! Plus not sure length on OEM VS Timbren or Knock-off brand.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They come with the Mopar 2” lift. They look like blocks that sit on the top side of the axle. I think they come on Rebels and BTS/ORP as well. (Maybe sized different for the 1” lift) maybe find a totaled Rebel or BTS/ORP and grab them from a junkyard? Lol. No options are off the table for me. Haha.

1712087887421.png

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They come with the Mopar 2” lift. They look like blocks that sit on the top side of the axle. I think they come on Rebels and BTS/ORP as well. (Maybe sized different for the 1” lift) maybe find a totaled Rebel or BTS/ORP and grab them from a junkyard? Lol. No options are off the table for me. Haha.

View attachment 180292
Good to know. I'm not even sure of any local yards, but would rather buy new. I'll have to see if I can find a Mopar Part# for them.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 180292
Doesn't look like they're available from everything online.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 180292
Looks like Teraflex sells front/rear bumpstops with their lift kit for 5th Gen. I'm only interested in rears, but I hit them up about information on the rears length and cost and where to buy.

1712092141853.png

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was having trouble visualizing them…but it looks like they’ll replace the stockers. Just a bit longer. Makes sense. 🤣 IMG_1311.jpeg

notaramowner

Reaction score
A little off topic but do you guys get an alignment if only lifting the rear with a spacer or off road group spring swap?

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
to be fair, pairing with correct rated springs and maxing out the low speed adjustment knobs you probably won't bottom out ever.
i got over 600lb in the bed with camper, drawer, all the overlanding gears, and on the street with low speed adjustment knob maxed out i've never bottomed out. On dirt, with low and high speed adjustment knobs maxed out sending i've never bottomed out the rear either. i also run Carli HD rear springs

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I also just seen a youtube video and they showed side by side oem vs Falcon rear bumpstops and there was around 2" maybe 3" difference that come in their Falcon kit. I also looked at Metalcloak bumpstops. I like the look of them better and being black hidden sorta

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the Jeep JT bump stops will work for our axles? Either the Metalcloak square universals or the center rubber style? The 2” squares would would perfect for me if so.

IMG_1389.jpeg

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
iirc to mount the squares you need to drill the plate to mount the first pad since the axle side doesn't have preexisting holes. it's been a while since the last jeep suspension landed on my to-do list (usually it goes to my coworker when i got wiring to do)
wasn't a fun thing to do lol

i'd just do the durospring and call it a day lol

Users who are viewing this thread